A brand new Conqueror’s Blade open weekend is underway, which means that if you’ve been chomping at the bit to try out the game without the prerequisite of a pre-order pack, the time is nigh to mount up and ride in while the guards are snoozing.
If you have friends, family or colleagues who might have a passing interest in medieval combat mixed with grand strategy, why not invite them in too? The more players we have between now and February 18 at 06:00 CET (February 17, 9pm PST), the merrier the experience for all!
If you took part in the previous open weekend back in December, know that the game has moved on a bit since them. Look forward to:
- Dynamic campaign: No longer limited to inconsequential castle sieges, warlords are encouraged to explore the unique gameworld; to secure resources - by trade or by conquest - and to establish themselves in competition with other players and roaming NPC bandits.
- Crafting and development systems: Warlords will divide their (peace) time between friendly settlements and their Personal Camp, between which research and resources will be acquired and spent to develop raw recruits into elite units equipped with the finest arms and armour.
- Territory Wars: On alternate days armies can take part in Territory Wars, which are effectively the acting out of war declarations. Attacking armies will converge on their pre-preferred targets, while the defenders must effectively come together to try to send the invaders packing.
- New tutorial: As soon as you’ve created a new character you’ll be taken to a quest-based tutorial area to learn the fundamentals of melee, mounted, and siege combat, as well as unit leadership. Afterwards, you can choose a home region to start your adventures.
- New maps: As well as new siege maps, there are new field battle locations that simulate the kind of skirmishes that occur when opposing armies meet on the open road or away from major settlements. Some of these battles can be played in PvP or PvE (using the same matchmaking system).
- 24/7 server access: The servers are planned to be up all day, every day until February 18, 06:00 CET (February 17, 9pm PST). If there are any issues that require a rest or a reset, we’ll be sure to let you know as far in advance as possible.
Whether you can do all that in a single weekend is another matter. Good luck trying!
IMPORTANT NOTES & ISSUES
- You need to be logged into an active My.com account to access the game.
- Not all features of the full game are implemented and some that are might not be finalized. Many social and guild features, for example, will debut in a later (closed) test stage.
- In order to encourage newcomers into the game, there will be a server wipe prior to both the open weekend (15-18th Feb) and the Guild CBT (18-25th Feb). This means that the characters created during CBT1 will not be accessible.
- As with the recent Siege Tests, characters and progression will not carry over from into subsequent tests.
- A bug that affected some AMD processors during the Siege Tests has been eliminated.'
- PvE gameplay is set to a single “Commoner” difficulty. More difficulty settings will be introduced prior to full game release.