f
s
is the shield good?

Thread: is the shield good?

is the shield good?

edit: ignore this
    Last edited by u_29896248; 10-08-2018 at 06:01 PM.

nah cant block arrows ( for now )

Does that apply to both shield classes...not being able to block missile weapons?

So to add to this, I've been able to block projectiles with the shield. However ones that look like they will be blocked are not always blocked, so its a desync issue more than likely. You can go around a shield with a bow/musket (and technically even a melee weapon depending on where the hitbox is going) and strike.

Since this is under Longsword, I'll say if you meant the class it gets very strong once it can heal and lifesteal due to heavy armor and sustain. End-game wise it will be able to heal allies as well.

One thing people may not have thought about is aiming the shield up. Its not just a horizontal block depending on how you aim. So this can affect blocking arrows too I think, unless they shoot you in the legs.

I get so far a mixed bag when I go to battle with my longsword and shield. It does feel like im blocking but im still getting hit a fair chunk of damage. Mostly from two handers like the poleaxe or the glave seems to be the a real struggle also, it is very hard to go one on one with a musketeer that that know what they are doing. My best advise for countering is getting behind some sort of structure, the wait till they get close enough and surprise them. Do not go in an open field where they can get you from afar, Keep your battles in choke points with your troops. Patience is key, blocking is not the for sure way of not getting damage but it does reduce it, Im not sure how much more testing is required to answer that question.

tanky as hell and skills that does 3x more than dps classes while knocking down? ye they are quite good

Doesn't seem to block much so I rarely use it. Works ok against ranged attacks but every time I block I still take a bunch of damage and get staggered.