f
s
new game mode?

Thread: new game mode?

new game mode?

Ok so first of all i'm putting this post here since i currently can't access the "general discussion", it makes an infinite loop.
    feel free to move this thread to the correct subsection!

So yeah, i actually enjoy the game a lot, but there's one thing I really hate about it: it's a MMORPG.

The game in itself is fun, having to grind months for ultimate / gear / troops / [insert whatever grindy shit here] isn't, at least for me and a good part of the players.
    The second thing with it being a MMORPG is that either you've got a crazy big population and a very level restrictive matchmaking, or either you'll have people fighting against other players with a level 3, 4 or 5 times (or even more) higher. we're obviously in the second scenario, and that suucks.
    tbh each time I hit level 30 with a character (cause yeah i've done a lot of characters) i play some games, see how it suucks post lv30, then I quit playing the character and create a new one, though i'm getting bored and i'm just gonna quit the game.

Though I had an idea that probably no one will ever listen:
    to solve the issue of the RPG elements just breaking the competitive aspect of the game but STILL keeping the RPG aspects for open world or any other game mode, just create a new game mode!

I quickly thought of something like that though i could've forgot a lot of things:

- troops will be 2 star or below.

- everyone is outfitted with the same gear for the duration of the game: light, medium or heavy depending on what you can wear, the gear will be the lv 30 2nd worst green (the one that doesn't require schematics)

- no ultimates.

- it's kind of a headache to normalize stats for the different classes, so i think the players can keep their stats, it doesn't make a big difference anyways.

- I also think it's easier to keep the learned/equipped skills the player has. it's pretty fast to unlock and the difference between a lv 2 or 3 skill isn't that big so..

yep, i guess that's it, more or less x)
    hoping a dev reads this.
    also i'm sorry about my poor english

There is nothing competitive about this game, its an MMORPG. It's about who has the best gears/units. That's how MMO works and people who play/pay more will and should have an advantage. That said, a lot of people just level up units and don't even use them most of the time, just sitting in the back for safe xp. Also many people swap purple gear on and off because of the endurance mechanic, so many people don't play this game competitively anyways. It's not too hard to be "competitive" once you hit lvl 60 and 3 star units.

Well yeah, that's precisely what i'm saying: actually it's all about who grinded the most, we agree on this.

What I'm saying is that the MMORPG era with heavy grinding is dead since almost 10 years, it doesn't work anymore (not sure if it ever did, really, but nvm).

I think it would be great to add a gamemode for those who enjoy the gameplay but don't want to mindlessly grind and play unfair games.

People who enjoy.. grinding.. (it's more about E-pen i think but nvm) would still play the same game, with the same gear dependant game modes already present in the game.

But all those who quit playing/will quit playing because they don't like that intensive grinding and unbalanced games will stay because they have a game mode where they can have fun without having to grind / fight people 10 times higher level.

The game would retain both type of players, grind lovers would still have the same game, and the others would have a game mode for them. what's not to like? (I mean, if we admit everyone is smart enough to not want to impose the way they play to others.)

It would be cool, but monetization wise it could limit this game. So if people could log in and play a balance fight, for example lvl 30 with balanced units, there would be no incentive for many people to level past 30, to buy premium, to buy xp potions, expansion slots etc. They would have to invest heavily into the Attire market. Maybe it could work for western game but who knows, too much risk for them to go that route. The game is already design to be grind/pay to win.

So far what I've seen is they let the players handle themselves out. Not all lvl 200+ are using high lvl units because they are super expensive and once you hit lvl 70ish it becomes a lot easier, or at least I was getting MVP whenever I really tried for it. Many people just leaving units in the back for free xp at unit/repair costs.

well yeah that's relevant. though many games did very well with only cosmetic/optional shop. MOBAs are a good example.
    TBH i'm not that guy saying "THIS GAME IS GONNA DIE" everytime there's something i don't like, but this time i really think the game is slowly gonna die. (at least in europe, where grind isn't well received at all)
    I just looked at the steam charts, conqueror's blade lost 37% of its population from first month to second month..
    IMO they should quickly make a field battle game mode like i suggested or it's not gonna last long in our region, but well, i could be wrong